Health promotion Europe coordinates or participates in EU co-funded Joint Actions and projects that support the networks core objectives.
EuroHealthNet is a partner in the Mental Health Policy consortium which is organising the further development and implementation of the ‘EU Compass for Action on Mental Health and Wellbeing’. Between 2015-18 the EU Compass will be further developed into a revised web-based mechanism to collect, exchange and analyse information on policy and stakeholder activities in the field of mental health and wellbeing. In this context, the key roles of the Consortium will be to:
1) collect information on policies, good practices, ongoing developments in EU Member States;
2) engage with stakeholders throughout Member States and among non-governmental actors, raising their awareness and seeking their support and endorsement of scientific-based consensus papers through national and European meetings and activities; and
3) widely disseminate the activities and information in the Compass to reach a greater number of stakeholders which should become an operational tool for stakeholders and the EC
In consultation with DG Sanco and CHAFEA seven topics have been identified and will be addressed by the Consortium. These are:
1. Prevention of depression and promotion of resilience
2. Provision of more accessible mental health services
3. Provision of community-based mental health services
4. Prevention of suicide
5. Mental health at workplace
6. Mental health in schools
7. Building integrated approaches for governance
The project is complementary to the Joint Action for Mental Health and Wellbeing.