Equity Action is the EU funded Joint Action on Health Inequalities in which EuroHealthNet has played a leading role for its duration over three years. The final open public conference is on 23 January which aims to:
- Showcase the results of the Joint Action on health inequalities 'Equity Action'
- Assess progress on addressing health inequalities in the EU.
- Consider opportunities and priorities for action.
Keynote speakers included health ministers from the Greek Presidency, England as the JEA Contract Holder, Belgium, Finland, Ireland and Spain; WHO Europe Director Zsuzsunna Jakab; EU Health Commissioner Tonio Borg and Social Policy Director Dr Lieve Fransen; Professors Sir Michael Marmot and Kate Pickett and a host of other national, regional and international experts and participants in the Joint Action were involved, including many EuroHealthNet member agencies, directors and secretariat.
For more information, read EuroHealthNet's press releases
- Equity Action - EuroHealthNet argues for greater use of EU Structural and Investment Funds to reduce health inequalities
- Equity Action – Equity Action High Level Conference € 1.3 Trillion – The avoidable cost of health inequalities across the EU
- Equity Action - Conference "Addressing health inequalities 2014 and beyond: building cohesion and strengthening health for growth"
On the top picture: Frances Fitzgerald, Irish Minister for Children and Youth Affairs; Clive Needle, EuroHealthNet Policy and Advocacy Director