The practice platform is currently working on two projects.
Health4LGBTI: Reducing health inequalities experienced by LGBTI people
This pilot project will increase our understanding of how best to reduce specific health inequalities experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and intersex (LGBTI) people, focussing in particular on overlapping inequalities stemming from discrimination and unfair treatment on other grounds (e.g. older, younger, refugee, immigrant, disability, rural, poverty).
VulnerABLE: Improving the health of those in isolated and vulnerable situations
This European initiative shall increase our understanding of how best to improve the health of people who are living in vulnerable and isolated situations across Europe.
The INHERIT project is managed by the Research platform.
Past projects have covered:
- Active and healthy ageing and age friendly environments
- Health Literacy
- HIV prevention
- Implementing Health in All Policies
- Initiatives to stimulate action on social and economic determinants of health
- Action to Reduce health Inequity Via 1) Early childhood development, 2) Realising fair employment, and 3) Social protection. (DRIVERS)
- scenarios of sustainable lifestyles in 2050
- social gradients in health inequalities among families and children