The Platforms: Policy, Practice, Research
EuroHealthNet activities take place across three platforms covering policy, practice, and research. In addition, a core team unifies and builds connections between the platforms, including communications activities to share and support the exchange of knowledge and experience.
EuroHealthNet’s Policy Platform
Find policy intelligence and analysis
Policy monitoring and advocacy at European and national levels. Ensuring policy is joined-up and based on good evidence and practice.
EuroHealthNet’s Policy Platform monitors and influences national and European policies relating to health, health equity, social rights and the wider determinants which affect health and wellbeing. It advocates for policies and approaches which are based on evidence and good practice. This platform supports cross-sectorial and joined-up policy making. Associate members come from all sectors and contribute to work on addressing the determinants of health.
Our Policy Platform helps those working in health promotion understand and respond to policy changes, to therefore make their voice heard at European levels.
The platform advocates for health and health equity put central on the European policy and political agenda. Members benefit from numerous opportunities to shape European policy through consultations, participation in expert groups and policy dialogues.
EuroHealthNet members and associates of the Policy Platform:
- receive intelligence on EU policies for health, health equity, and the social, economic and environmental determinants of health;
- gain understanding of EU decision making (including the EU Health, Research and Social programmes, the EU Semester processes, the European Pillar of Social Rights, and health aspects of key EU policies) and the potential for wellbeing improvement;
- gain advice and support in the development of relevant European policies at national, regional, and local levels;
- contribute to policy processes at EU, national, and regional levels
- liaise with EU Institutions and receive support navigating the European affairs landscape;
- benefit from joint advocacy for health equity. They engage with and influence European policy makers across the EU institutions and international organisations;
- build contacts with civil society organisations and the European policy sphere.
The Policy Platform produces policy intelligence, summaries, analysis, and consultation responses.
Read our analysis of the European Semester, the EU’s annual cycle of economic and social policy coordination, from a health perspective.
EuroHealthNet’s Practice Platform
Find out more about public health practices
Supporting public health bodies to build capacity and knowledge. Building on good practices, and strengthening the evidence base for policy and implementation.
The focus of our Practice Platform is to support the implementation of strategies and methods to reduce health inequalities. Its focus surrounds putting research into practice. In order to understand and improve the relationship between policy and ‘real world’ conditions.
EuroHealthNet’s Practice Platform also works on finance and funding for health-promoting services.
The platform helps members and associates to build capacity and share knowledge about ‘what works’. Through this exchange, they are able to reinforce resources, collaborate, and shape international initiatives. Members are supported in the use of EU funding instruments for the implementation of cost-effective and sustainable health practices, policies, and programmes.
EuroHealthNet members and associates of the Practice Platform:
- receive support and information about using European Structural and Investment Funding (ESIF) for health equity projects through the EuroHealthNet ESIF support desk;
- benefit from EuroHealthNet’s partnership with WHO Europe and other international organisations on strategic and operational matters;
- collaborate with other health institutes and regional authorities on implementation to identify what works;
- join workshops, conferences, and capacity-building events.
The Practice Platform’s work includes our e-Guide for Financing Health Promoting Services, capacity building events, and Country Exchange Visits. Therefore, to bring together senior public health experts to exchange good practices and different ways to tackle shared challenges.
EuroHealthNet’s Research Platform
Find out about public health research
Providing and strengthening the evidence base for policy and practice. Encouraging and supporting research in health equity solutions.
EuroHealthNet’s Research Platform identifies and promotes evidence-based approaches to health, equity and wellbeing. Associate members are leading centres of research, social equity and public health. The platform’s success is built on collaboration between decision makers and researchers. Their findings feed into the decision-making process. Therefore, providing an evidence base for policies and practices. Above all, to tackle health inequalities and environmental threats to health, and helps researchers collaborate, build consortia, and find funding.
EuroHealthNet members and associates of the Research Platform
- receive support for proposal submission and project management;
- receive help in building research consortiums and finding project partners through the EuroHealthNet Partnership;
- stay informed about European research priorities;
- keep up to date with EU research funding opportunities and calls.
EuroHealthNet’s Research Platform delivers advocacy for public health research, and provides a link between research, policy, and practice by
- offering expertise and support in communicating research; to specialist and wider audiences;
- helping transfer knowledge for policy makers and implementation via our multiple communication, dissemination, and consultation channels;
- advocating for better health promotion and health inequality research.
EuroHealthNet's Core Work
A core team unifies and builds connections between the platforms.
EuroHealthNet’s communications team amplifies the messages and expertise of the members of the partnership.
It disseminates reliable, evidence-based and timely information to public health and social equity communities and beyond, and makes connections between public health people, resources, and initiatives to facilitate advocacy for a healthier and fairer Europe.
We tell the stories of the people, projects and ideas at the vanguard of health promotion, disease prevention, and addressing inequalities our work focuses on:
- Making connections and facilitating exchanges between public health professionals and disciplines
- Disseminating reliable, evidence-based and timely information. Working with the media.
- Sharing stories from Europe’s public health community.
- Delivering reliable information to professionals.
- Advocating for action on health and the determinants of health.
- Supporting the communications departments in EuroHealthNet’s member agencies.
Further ‘core’ activites ensure the smooth running of the busy office, and making sure EuroHealthNet delivers what is needed to the public health community