Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 70th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe (RC70) will be held virtually for the first time ever. Health ministers and high-level representatives of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region as well as partner organizations and civil society will be connected to discuss health issues on a 2-day agenda. The reduced Regional Committee session will take place on 14–15 September 2020.
Key health issues on this year’s shortened agenda include:
- the response to the COVID-19 pandemic and lessons learned, both globally and regionally;
- the new European Programme of Work 2020–2025 “United action for better health”;
- transformation in the Region;
- the proposed budget for 2022–2023 and its regional implications; and
- accreditation of regional non-State actors.
The sessions will be available via live webcast in English and Russian, and real-time coverage will be shared on WHO/Europe’s social media channels using #RC70Europe.
More information is available here.