EuroHealthNet is an official partner of The European Public Health Association’s Public Health Week 17-21 May, which aims to raise awareness about important public health themes and connect professionals contributing to public health across Europe. We will co-organise an event on Friday, 21 May ‘Leaving no one behind’. The focus will be on ‘COVID-19 and health inequalities: taking action for change”, examining how COVID-19 has aggravated health inequalities, and on how to invest in initiatives/good practices that could plant seeds for broader system change. Professor Clare Bambara will present findings from her new book, The Unequal Pandemic: COVID-19 and Health Inequalities.
The European Public Health Week (EUPHW) aims to:
- Make the case for public health and a more inclusive society across Europe
- Raise awareness and amplify existing messages on five specific public health themes, in line with key organisations at European level
- Create trust and innovative ways of collaboration among all professionals contributing to public health at local, national, regional and European level.
The themes for the 2021 edition are:
- Monday 17 May: Communicating science and health
- Tuesday 18 May: New challenges in mental health
- Wednesday 19 May: Your local community
- Thursday 20 May: All for one health
- Friday 21 May: Leaving no one behind
Further details and registration will be available soon here.