The International Healthy Cities Conference is an opportunity to join mayors, innovators, political decision-makers and experts in the international community in forging greater health, well-being and sustainable development in cities and urban settings. It will provide a wealth of examples of pioneering initiatives; opportunities for learning, knowledge exchange and collaboration; and ideas and solutions to take home and apply to local challenges.
The Conference objectives are to:
- exchange knowledge from leading-edge practices on challenges and progress from healthy cities’ and healthy communities’ initiatives across WHO global regions;
- demonstrate the critical role of governance for health and sustainable development at the local and urban levels;
- inspire and strengthen commitment to healthy cities in the context of tomorrow’s challenges and the implementation of the 2030 Agenda;
- consider strong local leadership and its impact on successful collective action; and
- foster discussions through special events and knowledge-exchange seminars that reshape and reimagine Healthy Cites in all WHO regions.
The Conference is taking place at a time of immense challenges to health and sustainable development, but also of immense opportunities. It will focus on the six themes of the new political vision for the WHO European Healthy Cities Network, drafted by the Network’s Political Vision Group: people, place, participation, prosperity, planet and peace.
Please, find more information about this event here.