DRIVERS will present its findings and recommendations at the European Parliament on 3 February 2015. The event titled ‘Tackling societal challenges: solutions from DRIVERS for Health Equity’ will provide an opportunity to learn about the research findings and overarching principles for policy and practice that help reduce health inequalities across the life course, and debate with Members of the European Parliament and policy makers on how to incorporate the recommendations from DRIVERS in existing, emerging and future policy initiatives.
DRIVERS (2012-2015) aims to deepen understanding of the relationships between some of the key influences on health over the course of a person’s life - early childhood, employment, and income and social protection - and to find solutions to improve health and reduce health inequalities via concerted actions across different policy areas.
With a new European Parliament, a new European Commission and a mid-term review of the Europe 2020 strategy underway, the time is ripe for policies to be developed based on the very latest pan-European research evidence to tackle an issue that threatens attainment of Europe2020.
- Date: 3rd February 2015 – From 12h00 to 15h00
- Location: International Press Centre - Résidence Palace - 155 rue de la Loi - 1040 Brussels (Belgium)
- The Programme is available here
- To register, click here
- For more information, click here or contact EuroHealthNet Research Manager Claudia Marinetti or Project Communications Assistant Ann Marie Borg
- You will be able to follow the conference on twitter via #DRIVERSconf2015