Tonio Borg, EU Commissioner for Health and Consumer Policy and Zsuzsanna Jakab, WHO Regional Director for Europe are, among others, keynote speakers at this prestigious conference which is organized by EUPHA and ASPHER in partnership with the Belgian Association of Public Health and EuroHealthNet.
The EPH Conference is the platform for exchanging information and debate to researchers, policymakers and practitioners in the field of public health, health services research and public health training and education in Europe.
In 2013, the European public health community will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the health mandate under the EU Treaty of Maastricht. Timing and location of the conference, at the heart of Europe, offer a unique opportunity to discuss successes in public health achieved in the past and look at the challenges to continue building the future.
The plenary sessions will be organized on the following themes:
- Are we there yet? Learning from the past, building the future
- Hurtling towards the cliff edge? Population dynamics and public health
- No limits for public health! Using evidence for policy changes
- How to make it happen! On the development of people and institutions in public health
- Perspectives on past and future health actions in Europe
Other outstanding keynote presenters are:
- Alok Mukhopadhyay, Voluntary Health Association, India;
- Peter Piot, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom;
- Clive Needle, EuroHealthNet, Brussels
- Julio Frenk, Harvard School of Public Health, United States;
- Johan Mackenbach, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.