EuroHealthNet is a Partner in the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work 2016-17 Campaign: Healthy Workplaces for All Ages.
Safe and healthy working conditions throughout the whole working life are good for workers, business and society as a whole. This is the main message of the 2016–17 Healthy Workplaces Campaign.
The 2016–17 Healthy Workplaces Campaign has four key objectives:
- promoting sustainable work and healthy ageing from the start of the working life;
- preventing health problems throughout the working life;
- providing ways for employers and workers to manage occupational safety and health in the context of an ageing workforce;
- and encouraging the exchange of information and good practice.
Why is this campaign so important?
The European workforce is ageing. Retirement ages are rising and working lives are likely to become longer.
Working is good for physical and mental health, and good management of occupational safety and health increases productivity and efficiency. Demographic change can cause problems, but ensuring a sustainable working life helps to meet those challenges.
- Campaign launch, April 2016
- European Weeks for Safety and Health at Work, October 2016 and 2017
- Presentation of the Healthy Workplaces Good Practice Awards, April 2017
- Healthy Workplace Summit, November 2017
There will also be many smaller events throughout the campaign.
Many resources are available on the dedicated campaign website at www.healthy-workplaces.eu
EuroHealthNet participates and disseminates information relevant to the Campaign through its website on Healthy Ageing.