This issue of EuroHealthNet magazine features the most noteworthy projects and developments in the field of health equity and health promotion of children and young people in Europe today.
Modern and dynanmic responses to public health challenges, explained by those working at the front line.
Edition 13 covers:
- Support children and families now to protect the health of adults tomorrow - an editorial by Caroline Costongs, EuroHealthNet Director
- Food aid and healthy nutrition programmes in school: what works? - by the DIATROFI Programme Research Team, Greece
- Two approaches to promoting healthy diets amongst children in Austria - by Mag. Melanie Bruckmüller, Nutritionist at the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, and Mag. Rita Kichler of the Austrian Health Promotion Foundation
- A system wide approach to improving outcomes in First 1000 days - by Angela Jones, Consultant in Public Health at the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Local Public Health Team
- Europe's Environmental Pollution & Children's Brain Development - by Kam Sripada, Ph.D., researcher based at CHAIN - Centre for Global health Inequalities Research
- The Positive Parenting Intervention in Spain - by Pilar Campos Estaban, Deputy Director of Health Promotion and Public Health Surveillance and Alberto Martín-Pérez Rodriguez, External Technical Officer, both at the Sub-directorate of Health Promotion and Public Surveillance at the General Direction of Public Health, Quality and Innovation
- An integrated health monitoring model for good, lifelong health - by Maria do Carmo Ferin Cunha, Chief Nursing Officer and Mafalda Lourenço, Social Development Coordinator, both at the Nossa Senhora de Bom Sucesso Foundation, Portugal
- Parenting is caring: a focus on Early Child Development interventions - on the behalf of the DoRS (Health Promotion Document Centre) working group on health inequalities and early childhood interventions, Italy
- Prevenire è prendersi cura: un focus sugli interventi di Early Child Development - per il gruppo di lavoro DORS, composto da psicologhe e documentaliste, che si occupa di disuguaglizante di salute e degli interventi sulla prima infanzia
- The Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) Programme: school-based mental health promotion and youth empowerment - by Vladimir Carli, senior lecturer in suicide prevention at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, and Camilla Wasserman, a doctor in Health Sciences with an MA in Anthropology
- Interactive e-coaching platform boots resilience of Flemish youth - by Anne Verlinden, a clinical psychologist working on mental health promotion at the Flanders Institute of Healthy Living
- The future starts early. It's time to invest in children's well-being - by Réka Tuyongi, head of advocacy at Eurochild, and Dorota Sienkiewicz, policy coordinator at EuroHealthNet