The 8th Nordic Health Promotion Research Conference (NHPRC) is organized in cooperation with the University of Jyväskylä and the Nordic Health Promotion Research Network.
The NHPRC will be held in Jyväskylä, Finland on the 20-22 June 2016.
The main theme of the 8th NHPRC is: “20 years of Health Promotion Research in the Nordic countries: health, wellbeing and physical activity”, with three main scopes.
- The First scope of the conference is to review the past twenty years of health promotion in general and the development in health promotion research in particular. Keynotes speakers on this theme are professor Lasse Kannas, University of Jyväskylä and professor Bente Wold, University of Bergen.
- The Second scope of the conference relates to the paradigm shift in local governance focusing more on health, welfare and sustainability instead of economy. Also, Health in All Policies ideology is reflected. Keynote speakers on this theme are Sir Michael Marmot (to be confirmed early 2016), University College London, Mrs. Anna Balkfors, City of Malmö and Chief Specialist, PhD, Timo Ståhl, National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
- The Third scope of the NHPRC will focus on interventions in health promotion. Under this scope the behaviour change wheel: a systematic method for developing interventions will be presented by professor Susan Michie, University College London, and a special focus on physical activity by professor Lone Friis Thing, University of Copenhagen.
In addition to these main themes, researchers in the area of health promotion and public health are invited to represent their research in the various thematic areas.
The call for abstracts is now open here
- 15 November 2015; Abstract submission closes
- December 2015; Notification to authors of acceptance of abstract
- 3 April 2016; Early bird registration closes
- 6 June 2016; Registration closes
- 20 - 22 June 2016; The 8th Nordic Health Promotion Research Conference
The flyer of the conference is available here