The platform advocates for health and health equity in the European arena. Participants benefit from numerous opportunities to shape European policy through consultations and policy dialogues.
Advocacy for Health Equity
The policy platform is solution and action oriented, it reaches beyond traditional actors to identify emerging challenges and opportunities to improve health and equity. Participants:
- Benefit from joint advocacy for health equity. They engage with and influence European policy makers across the EU institutions and international organisations
- Build contacts with civil society organisations and the European policy sphere
Participation and engagement in EU policy
EuroHealthNet supports a ‘health in all policies’ approach, and participates in a number of fora to further this agenda. Members are directly or indirectly part of the EU Health Policy Platform; the EU Diet, Physical Activity& Health Platform; and the EU Convention for Inclusive Growth- amongst others.
European Policy advice
Helps those working in health promotion understand and respond to policy changes, and to make their voice heard at European levels. EuroHealthNet members and associates:
- Receive intelligence on EU policies for health, health equity, and the social, economic and environmental determinants of health.
- Understand EU decision making (including the EU Health, Research and Social programmes, the EU Economic Semester processes, the European Pillar of Social Rights, health aspects in all EU policies) and the potential for wellbeing improvement.
- Gain advice and support in the development of relevant European policies at national, regional, and local levels.
- Contribute to policy processes at EU, national, and regional levels.
- Liaise with EU Institutions and receive support navigating the European affairs landscape.