EuroHealthNet participates in the implementation of several European projects and programmes launched by the European Commission (DG SANCO, DG Research and DG Employment) and by the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA).
The Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme is a European-level financing instrument to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
In the framework of EaSI, EuroHealthNet:
- Generates, analyses and exchanges evidence about the links between health and other policy areas and thereby contributes to the knowledge base required to effectively and efficiently combat poverty and social exclusion;
- Develops case studies, tests pilot projects and promotes examples of effective, adequate and sustainable cross-sectoral approaches to reduce health inequities.
- Provides policy advice, promotes policy learning and builds the capacity of member agencies to facilitate the implementation of relevant elements of the Social Investment Package
- Actively encourages EU Member States and regions to adopt and upscale these innovative policies and practices, with the direct contribution of our members and through the European Semester process;
- Uses communication platforms to bring together stakeholders and bodies working in relevant sectors to positively influence the social and economic determinants of health and help improve health equity
- Promotes policy recommendations to all relevant policy-makers and stakeholders at EU, national and regional level.
More about EaSI – click here