2nd WHO Symposium on the Future of Digital Health Systems in the European Region
The second World Health Organization (WHO) Symposium on the Future of Digital Health will take place this September in Porto, Portugal.
This Symposium will explore the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) in health as its recent advancements has sparked public debate on the extent to which technology, and more specifically generative AI, has the potential to infringe upon personal privacy and impact the health of populations.
The event co-organized with the Portuguese government will bring together government representatives, key thought leaders, policy experts, academics, health-care workers, civil society representatives, professional organizations and other partners to help shape actions in support of the “Regional digital health action plan for the WHO European Region 2023–2030” approved at the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe in 2022.
Over the course of the 2 days, participants will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the following topics:
- Unlocking the potential of digital health to fight noncommunicable diseases;
- Digital health for pandemic preparedness 2.0 in the WHO European Region;
- Digital technologies and One Health: balancing and optimizing the health of people, animals and the environment;
- Using digital solutions for the prevention and control of communicable disease;
- From big data to personalized care: how AI and precision medicine is revolutionizing care;
- Beyond the walls: how can telehealth revolutionize health care?
- Revolutionizing health information systems for data-driven decision-making;
- Harnessing the power of emerging technologies for better mental health.
For further information and how to register click here.