EuroHealthNet Policy and Strategy meeting 2023 (Partnership-only)
The purpose of this meeting is to take stock of the most relevant policy and strategic initiatives of both the EU and the WHO institutions to support achieving health equity. We aim to prioritise, discuss and take decisions on how we can work together to achieve best policy impact across Europe in 2023.
Given the upcoming EU institutional renewal and the constant state of poly-crisis, the meeting will also kick start a participatory process for the EuroHealthNet Partnership to set targets for health and social equity for the post-2023 period.
9:30 Introduction: Our health equity mission, an accelerator for addressing multiple crises and boosting resilience?
Chaired by Martin Dietrich
- Martin Dietrich, President EuroHealthNet – How do we fare on the EuroHealthNet Strategic Development Plan (2021-2026)
- Dorota Sienkiewicz, Policy Manager – Achievements and policy impacts to date: 2022 in perspective
- Caroline Costongs, Director – Reflecting on our policy objectives and strategising ahead of the EU institutional renewal (2023-2024)
10:00 Session 1: Improving Health and Social Equity: relevant EU and WHO policy initiatives now and coming up
Chaired by Caroline Costongs
- Sandra Gallina, Director General at DG SANTE – SANTE's priorities around health equity, health promotion and prevention – the NCD's healthier together initiative - video message
- Stefan Olsson, Deputy Director General at DG EMPL – A new social contract - the European Pillar of Social Rights Action Plan half-way, what next? Q&A
- Oxana Domenti, World Health Organization Representative to the European Union – Taking forward accelerated actions on health equity: what role for the WHO in the EU policies, where and how Non-state Actors can support. Q&A
- Nina Lindqvist, Head of Unit, Department of Public Health Analysis and Data Management, Public Health Agency of Sweden - Health equity and wellbeing at the forefront of health promotion and prevention in the EU: Sweden’s example; public health ambitions for the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the EU.
11:15 Session 2: EuroHealthNet Policy and Strategy Plan 2023
- Alison Maassen, Programme Manager – EuroHealthNet policy and advocacy priorities for EU and WHO & Instructions for the working groups.
The aim of the working groups is to discuss, exchange actions and define next steps for EuroHealthNet.
Questions for clarification
11:25 - 12:05 Round of working groups
Short Plenary feedback round (15 min) – Moderated by Alison Maassen
12:20 Session 3: Reflections, Foresight and Target-setting process
- Pia Sundell, Vice-President, EuroHealthNet – WHY? The need to define our collective vision, priorities and targets ahead of the EU elections
- Mojca Gabrijelcic, Honorary Advisor, EuroHealthNet – HOW? Proposals for the EuroHealthNet Foresight Exercise and participatory approach
- Sumina Azam, Vice-President, EuroHealthNet – WHAT? First outline for a useful and attractive Outcome and Advocacy statement (2023-24) with targets
Open discussion moderated by co-chairs
- Martin Dietrich, President EuroHealthNet
- Caroline Costongs, Director EuroHealthNet
13:00 End of meeting