FGÖ Conference: Promoting Health – Protecting the Climate (FGÖ-Konferenz: Gesundheit fördern – Klima schützen) (EuroHealthNet speaking)
The topic of climate protection is one of the current challenges of our time and is of great importance for our lives and our health. This requires concrete health promotion measures on many levels, on the one hand through target group-oriented activities and adaptation of the behaviour of the population, on the other hand through health-promoting and climate-friendly design of our living environment(s).
With regard to the linking of the topics of climate and health promotion, the joint work, especially in the areas of mobility, nutrition and housing/spatial planning, seems particularly promising.
Our annual health promotion conference is intended to make a significant contribution to networking actors from health promotion and other fields of action on this topic and thus laying a good basis for cooperation and knowledge transfer.
Top-class plenary contributions by:
- Lisbeth Hall, National Institute for Public Health an Environment, Bilthoven, NL
- Caroline Costongs, EuroHealthNet, Brussels, Belgium
- Willi Haas, Institute of Social Ecology, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- Hans-Peter Hutter, Medical University of Vienna
- Lucy Saunders, Director Healthy Streets Ltd., U.K.
Language: Simultaneous translation on German will be offered for the English contributions in plenary.
For more information contact Petra Gajar, Tel: 01/895 04 00-712.