Hosted by WHO/Europe, health ministers and representatives of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region will meet to discuss strategic priorities for health and migration beyond 2022. Representatives of refugee and migrant groups, partner organizations and the WHO African and Eastern Mediterranean regions will be involved to encourage participatory dialogue and interregional collaboration as part of a whole-of-route approach.
The high-level meeting is organized in a hybrid format (both online and in-person for invited participants) over 2 days and aims to:
- take stock and jointly build a new common vision for health and migration going forward;
- generate political leadership and momentum;
- strengthen existing connections and forge new partnerships, especially in collaboration with the WHO African and Eastern Mediterranean Regions;
- build consensus on new and emerging priorities in the area of migration health including, inter- alia, COVID-19, climate change and population dynamics; and,
- agree on modalities of work and the parameters for a common framework on migration health post 2022.
Find further information here.
Find the “Strategy and action plan for refugee and migrant health in the WHO European Region” here.