- Theoretical pathways between welfare states and social inequalities in health
- Typologies of healthcare systems and social inequalities in health
- The welfare state, healthcare systems, and social inequalities in mortality
- The welfare state, healthcare systems and social inequalities in morbidity
- Evidence reviews of welfare state, healthcare system and public health policy interventions to reduce social inequalities in health
In the final stage of the project HiNews produced country-specific policy toolkits, and thus aimed to impact both on academic and policy spheres. EuroHealthNet was involved throughout, concentrating in particular on dissemination, advocacy and linking the project and findings to policy processes.
The HiNews project also published over 50 articles in several journals such as the European Sociological Review, Social Science and Medicine, Sociology of Health and Illness, including the Supplement to the European Journal of Public Health “Social Inequalities in Health and their Determinants” edited by Terje A. Eikemo, Mirza Balaj, Clare Bambra, Tim Huijts, Jason Beckfield and Courtney L. McNamara.