In addition, participants had the opportunity to visit a breastmilk bank at the hospital and the health-promoting school.
Besides site visits, the agenda of the Country Exchange Visit included presentations on:
- The Austrian Health Promotion Foundation and its role in promoting health in the country (By FGOË and ÖBIG).
- Promoting healthy diets amongst children: challenges and opportunities for a positive impact (By the Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection, FGOË and TBC).
- EU policies and instruments to support work on health promotion, health equity and social inclusion, with a focus on healthy diets (By EuroHealthNet).
- Knowledge exchange: Early intervention programmes to ensure a healthy start in life (By TVC and REVAN).
- Knowledge exchange: Good practices to promote healthy eating in schools and amongst school-aged children.
- What health promotion professions can do to improve children’s diets and address the underlying environmental, socio-economic and commercial determinants of health.
The report of the Country Exchange Visit is available here.