The Association of Voluntary Health, Social and Welfare Organisations (YTY), the Finnish Federation for Social Welfare and Health (STKL), and the Finnish Centre for Health Promotion (Tekry) transferred their separate actions to SOSTE on 1 January 2012. SOSTE is a national not-for-profit social and health NGO that has over 200 member organisations.
The purpose of SOSTE - Finnish Society for Social and Health at regional, national and European level is to:
- Function as an expert and advocate for social and health politics
- Function as a not-for-profit organisation building the conditions for social well-being and health, people’s participation and a just and responsible society individually and in cooperation with its member organisations and other parties
- Enhance the ability of registered social and health non-governmental organisations to operate in the best interests of the people
- Promote social well-being and health
- Build social justice and equity
- Strengthen people’s fundamental rights and possibilities for participation and involvement