The Flemish Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (VIGeZ) aims to promote healthy living and a healthy environment, thereby helping to create a better quality of life for everyone in Flanders.
VIGeZ uses the following strategies to optimise health promotion and disease prevention in Flanders:
- Supporting professionals and their organisations by providing methodologies, strategies, advice and training
- Raising awareness among target groups
- Supporting local implementation of Flemish preventive health policy
- Making efforts towards healthier policies at every level and in every sector
- Encouraging cooperation between professionals and all those working in health promotion and disease prevention or who have an influence on human health
VIGeZ is an expertise centre for health promotion and disease prevention. VIGeZ provides strategies, advice, methodologies, support of implementation and training for health workers and professionals. These are aimed at all those involved in health promotion and disease prevention. It is for both front-line workers and policymakers.
Our experts develop ready-to-use packs with a strong scientific foundation. These support the work done by health professionals. VIGeZ fulfills a link function between the theory and practice of health promotion.
VIGeZ works closely with the LOGOs, thereby supporting local activities around the six Flemish health targets.