15th European Public Health Conference (EuroHealthNet speaking)
The 15th European Public Health (EPH) Conference: Strengthening health systems: improving population health and being prepared for the unexpected will take place in Berlin from 9 – 12 November.
In the past years, the COVID-19 pandemic has taught us that infectious diseases know no boundaries. Although the world has seen the successful development of vaccines, we have also seen with the spread of the Delta and Omicron variants around the globe that these vaccines have not yet been available to everyone. The conference aims to explore ways in which the public health community can rally around the principle of bringing about better population health.
Discussions at the 15th EPH Conference aim to centre around contributing to resilient health systems, universal health coverage (UHC), a well-trained and highly qualified clinical and public health workforce, and governance structures that take a stand and shape health systems globally.
EuroHealthNet are involved in the following sessions:
- Pre-conference: Health Promoting Settings and Climate Change – 9 November, 13:30 – 18:00 CET (EuroHealthNet speaking)
- Pre-Conference: Workshop on Mental Health organised by BZgA and GÖG (Austria) – 9 November, 09.00-12.30
Find the full agenda for the 9th of November here.
- Oral presentations: COVID-19 and vaccination – 10 November, 9:00-10:00 (EuroHealthNet chairing)
- Round table: Covid-19 pandemic: the rise or downfall of public health – 10 November, 10:30-11:30 (EuroHealthNet speaking)
- Pitch presentations: Social inequalities and health – 10 November, 15:00-16:00 (EuroHealthNet chairing)
Find the full agenda for the 10th of November here.
- Plenary 4: Reorienting health services: the transformational potential of health promotion – 11 November, 14:00 – 15:00 (EuroHealthNet moderating)
- Pitch presentations: Evidence for health policies – 11 November, 15:10-16:10 (EuroHealthNet chairing)
Find the full agenda for the 11th of November here.
- Round table: Climate emergency, health and equity education: policy and practice recommendations for Europe – 12 November, 11:40-12:40 (EuroHealthNet speaking)
Find the full agenda for the 12th of November here.
Conference tracks include:
A. Strengthening health systems: improving population health
B. Preparing for the unexpected: lessons learned from Covid-19
C. European public health / Food and nutrition
D. Chronic diseases
E. Environment, climate and health
F. Digital health and communication
G. Health data, information and assessments
H. Health determinants and health inequalities
J. Health services and welfare systems
K. Health promotion, health literacy, behavioural insights
L. Health workforce, training and practice
M. Infectious diseases, preparedness and vaccines
N. Maternal, child and adolescent public health
O. Mental health / Migration and minority health / LGBTQI+
P. Policy, politics and public health
Q. Public health monitoring, reporting and foresight
Find further information here.