The International Network of health promoting hospitals and health services are holding their 29th International Conference ‘The role of health promotion in well-being-oriented healthcare’ on the 20-22 September 2023 at the University of Vienna, Austria.
EuroHealthNet colleague’s will speak at plenary 4 on primary health-care hospital partnerships as drivers of public health. Programme Manager Alison Maassen will moderate a workshop organised by the invest4Health project.
PLENARY 4: Primary Health Care-Hospital Partnerships as Drivers of Public Health
Friday 22 September 9.00 – 10.30. More information about this session is available here.
- Family Physician Integrated Care System in Taiwan: The Community Healthcare Group (CHCG), a Collaborative Model Between PHC and Hospitals for High Quality Community Healthcare – Brian Chang, President of World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA), Asian-Pacific Region
- Future Cooperation of PHC and Hospitals through Telemedicine and Digital Solutions – Florian Stummer, Medical University of Vienna
- The Integration of Social Determinants in Future Health Care – Social Prescribing – Caroline Costongs, Director of EuroHealthNet
Oral Parallel Session 3: ONLINE WORKSHOP: Smart Capacitating Investment as a new concept to place health promotion and disease prevention at the heart of the health system
Friday 22 September 11.00 – 12.30. More information is available here.
Join us for this online workshop to hear the preliminary characteristics of the Smart Capacitating Investment (SCI) defined through the initial rapid scoping review and share your feedback that would help us finalise the definition of the SCI. With the usable definition of Smart Capacitating Investment in hand, Invest4Health project will turn to the novel financial model(s) which can be used to determine which of the business models align with pre-defined contingencies for health promotion and disease prevention including addressing broader determinants of health. Ideas will be implemented and evaluated in four regional testbeds in Sweden, Spain, Germany, and the UK.
Moderated by Alison Maassen, Programme Manager, EuroHealthNet
11.00 Welcome, setting the aim and course of the workshop
11.05 Introduction to the Invest4Health project “Mobilising novel finance models for health promotion and disease prevention”, Dr. Jolanda van Vliet, Region Skåne, Sweden, Invest4Health project coordinator
11.15 Introduction to the preliminary characteristics of the Smart Capacitating Investment (SCI) model, Maureen Rutten-van Mölken, PhD, Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Reflection on the possibility to implement concepts such as SCI in different settings, Tomas Bokström, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
- Reflection from the Austrian National Public Health Institute about the SCI model and how it could be applied in Austria, Petra Plunger, Senior Health Expert, Gesundheit Österreich GmbH
- Reflection from the Region Skåne where Smart Capacitating Investment model will be piloted in the framework of Invest4Heath project, Jolanda van Vliet, Region Skåne, Sweden
12.00 Moderated discussion with the discussants and the audience about the Smart Capacitating Investment model
12.25 Conclusions and closing