In its third edition, the Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth (ACIG) will bring together civil society organisations and policymakers to discuss how to achieve truly inclusive growth across Europe. Pariticpant will also reflect on how to adapt our social models to current and future challenges and develop long-term solutions to fight poverty, increase employment and strengthen social cohesion and inclusion for all, as this year, the one-day event will focuson the implementation of the Social Pillar.
The Social Pillar established a series of principles and rights to improve people’s lives, and all actors now have a joint responsibility to deliver. The plenary debate and the six morning workshops will tackle specific issues:
- Funding the European Pillar of Social Rights
- Sustainable Development Goals: what role for an inclusive European Pillar of Social Rights?
- The European Semester: an instrument to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights.
- Social dialogue/civil dialogue: strong partnerships for a strong European Pillar of Social Rights
- Role of social services: new forms of work, new challenges
- Social economy and social enterprises: a boost for the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights?
and lead to conclusions and policy recommendations pointing to concrete ways forward.
Side events will give participants the chance to share their experiences and ideas in the afternoon while a ‘speed-dating’ session will boost the exchange of concrete best practices on how to turn the Social Pillar into a reality.
The Convention will be closed by Valdis Dombrovskis, Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue and will be opened by Marianne Thyssen, the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
Caroline Costongs, Director of EuroHealthNet, will participate in this event. Moreover, EuroHealthNet will co-organise with other organisation a side event. More information about this will be available soon.
The resources that came forth from this event are available here.