Invest4Health – Mobilising novel finance models for health promotion and disease prevention
The goal of Invest4Health (“Mobilising novel finance models for health promotion and disease prevention”) is to incentivise new ways of financing health promotion and disease prevention, using a model called ‘Smart Capacitating Investment’ (SCI), where the financial benefits to health and other sectors outweigh the initial costs and give a sustainable return on investment.
- To draw on available evidence to strengthen how smart capacitating investment is framed and communicated,
- To assess and enhance organisational readiness for testing SCI models in regional test-beds in Spain, Germany, Sweden and the UK ,
- To develop and test business models that are compatible with SCI,
- To develop and test novel finance models to determine which of the business models align with pre-defined contingencies for delivering SCI,
- To develop and test a prototype collaborative platform for governing SCI in health promotion and prevention.
EuroHealthNet will lead a work package on ‘Operational readiness and capacity building,’ which aims to achieve (1) stronger cooperation between health systems, public health entities, and other key actors; (2) support integration of locally-run and financially sustainable interventions, and (3) support decision and policymakers to bring about change in financing health promotion. Other key tasks include supporting the development of a conceptual framework for smart capacitating investment. Overall, work will build on the existing eGuide for Financing Health Promotion, as well as best practices identified in the guide and through other projects (e.g., JA CHRODIS PLUS).
Resources from the project
Read the news release: Invest4Health – New Horizon Europe project to mobilise novel finance models for health promotion and disease prevention
Other EuroHealthNet Projects
Visit our project page to read more about projects that EuroHealthNet is involved in.