The Austrian Health Promotion Foundation (FGOe) in Vienna is the host of our Country Exchange Visit. Throughout the visit, we will exchange good practices and experience to ensure healthy diets amongst children. The purpose is to discuss what is/can be done to strengthen inter-sectoral cooperation to improve children’s diets, and address socio-economic, environmental and commercial determinants of health. At the end of the visit, the participants will identify what should be included in future health promotion strategies to achieve good nutrition amongst children.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to visit a breastmilk bank at the hospital and the health promoting school.
Besides site visits, the agenda of the Country Exchange Visit includes presentations on:
- The Austrian Health Promotion Foundation and its role promoting health in the country (By FGOË and ÖBIG).
- Promoting healthy diets amongst children: challenges and opportunities for a positive impact (By the Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection, FGOË and TBC).
- EU policies and instruments to support work on health promotion, health equity and social inclusion, with a focus on healthy diets (By EuroHealthNet).
- Knowledge exchange: Early intervention programmes to ensure a healthy start in life (By TVC and REVAN).
- Knowledge exchange: Good practices to promote healthy eating in schools and amongst school-aged children.
- What health promotion professions can do to improve children's diets and address the underlying environmental, socio-economic and commercial determinants of health.
More information and registration available here